Please read this Privacy Notice carefully Mayamd mobile applications privacy notice
Data collected on the basis of consent
Upon your request and expression of consent, we collect the following data for the purpose of providing services to you. Your data is not used for any other purposes other than set forth below. Your data is removed upon your withdrawal of consent or your request to terminate theses services.
This Privacy Notice tells you how we protect and use information that we gather through MayaMD, Inc. Mobile Applications (the “Application” or “App”). This Privacy Notice is intended for a global audience.
For users in Europe or other geographies, please refer to the privacy Notices specific to your geography that are referenced in your App.
This Privacy Notice was last revised on January 21, 2020. We may change the Privacy Notice at any time and for any reason.
The Applications are owned and operated by MayaMD. MayaMD is the name we use to refer to our whole business and any of the companies that it controls, such as its subsidiaries and affiliates. When we use the words “we” or “our,” we mean MayaMD. The information we receive, and how we use it, depends on what you do when using the Application.
To the extent that we hold personal data relating to users located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and the United Kingdom (“UK”) we are bound by and must act in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”). This Privacy Notice sets out our practices and how we will process your personal data in accordance with the GDPR.
This Privacy Notice does not cover personal data that has been made anonymous such that you can no longer be identified from it. We may use anonymous data for any purpose we choose and without further reference to you.
We collect and use both personal information (information that is identifiable to you personally) and non personal information about you through the application. Please see below for a definition of personal and non-personal information, and how MayaMD may use them.
What is personal information?
As referred to in this Privacy Notice, “personal information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. This Privacy Notice also refers to “special categories of personal data”. This is personal data which is to be treated with particular sensitivity, and includes information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
Types of personal data we process
We may collect and process: (a) Information you give to us. This is information you provide to us via the MayaMD App. Information we collect about you from third parties. We may collect information about you from third parties, for example from third parties whose details you have given us such as your physician in order that we can contact them.
Personal information is information that we can use to specifically identify you, such as your:
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Account name
- Race or ethnicity
- For U.S. healthcare providers, a National Provider Identifier# (NPI)
- State license number
- Social security number or National ID Number
- Mobile device identifiers, such as model number, manufacturer, serial number, or IMEI/MEID
- Geolocation information
- Health condition
- Physical attributes (e.g., hair color, eye color, height and weight);
- Hospital/clinic name, address and phone number
- IP (Internet Protocol) address when such address is associated to a specific user,
- Information about how you use the App, such as links or functions you may access within the App
In some places on the App you have the opportunity to send us personal information about yourself, to elect to receive particular information, or to participate in a program. For example, you may fill out a registration form, a survey, or a personal health record (PHR) and you may elect to receive educational material about products and therapies.
How do we keep and use personal information?
We may collect and use personal information from you through this App to provide you with access to the App. You may choose not to provide us with this information, but then you may not be able to access and utilize the App. We will only use your personal data to the extent that the applicable law allows us to do so. To the extent that we hold personal data relating to your and located in the EEA and/or the UK, we rely on the following lawful bases for processing under the GDPR:
- Where the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms do not override those interests.
- Where you have given us your consent. Sometimes we may ask you for your consent in order to process your personal data. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
- Where the processing is necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
We may keep and use your personal information:
- If you are a Patient, to transmit data to your Health Care Provider, but only with your approval as you provide through the APP
- To provide services to you through the App
- To send you notifications
- To notify you of any changes to the terms on which we provide our services
- To respond to your requests
- To develop records, including records of your personal information
- To contact you with information that might be of interest to you, including information about products and services of ours and of others
- To analyze how people use our App and to research, develop, and improve programs, products, services, and content
- For U.S. healthcare providers, to link your name, National Provider Identifier (NPI), state license number, and/or your IP address to web pages you visit, for compliance, marketing, and sales activities
- To create a set of data that has only non-personal or de-identified information. In this case, we would remove your personal identifiers (such as your name, email address, etc.) and we may treat it like other non-personal or de-identified information.
- To enforce this Privacy Notice and other rules about your use of this App
- To protect our rights or property
- To protect someone’s health, safety or welfare
- To comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process
Once we have received your information, we will use commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures intended to protect your personal data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Does we ever share personal information with third parties?
MayaMD will not share your personal information collected from the App with an unrelated third-party without your permission, except as otherwise provided in this Privacy Notice. MayaMD may share personal information with any member of our corporate group, including parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates for purposes that are consistent with those identified in this Privacy Notice.
In the ordinary course of business, we will share some personal information with companies that we hire to perform services or functions on our behalf. In all cases in which we share your personal information with a third-party, we will not authorize them to keep, disclose or use your information with others except for the purpose of providing the services we asked them to provide.
We may be legally compelled to release your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. We may cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting Application users who violate our rules or engage in behavior which is harmful to other visitors (or illegal). In addition, we may keep, disclose, and use your personal information in order to comply with U.S. FDA and other governmental guidance, directions, regulations, and laws.
MayaMD uses reasonable efforts to ensure that its third-party service providers are capable of (1) protecting the privacy of your personal data consistent with this Privacy Notice, and (2) not using or disclosing your personal data for any purpose other than providing us with the products or services for which we contracted or as required by law.
We may also disclose your personal data to a third party:
- In the event of a sale, merger or other transfer of all or substantially all of the assets of MayaMD or that portion of MayaMD to which our services relate, or in the event that we discontinue our business or file a petition or have filed against us a petition in bankruptcy, reorganization or similar proceeding, provided that the third party agrees to adhere to the terms of this Privacy Notice;
- That is one of our Affiliates. For purposes of this Privacy Notice: “Affiliate” means any person or entity which directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with MayaMD, whether by ownership or otherwise; and “control” means possessing, directly or indirectly, the power to direct or cause the direction of the management, policies or operations of an entity, whether through ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the voting securities, by contract or otherwise. Any information relating to you that we provide to our Affiliates will be treated by those Affiliates in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice;
- If we believe in good faith that we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, including an applicable statute, regulation, rule or law, a subpoena, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or other valid legal process, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of business and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of MayaMD, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction or assistance with a delinquent account.
Transfers between countries
For EEA or UK users: To the extent that we process personal data if you are located in the EEA or the UK: (a) Where the transfer of your personal data to the United States is necessary for the performance of our service, you, without limitation of the foregoing, hereby expressly grant consent MayaMD to: (a) process and disclose such information (including special categories of personal data) in accordance with this Privacy Notice; (b) transfer such information (including special categories of personal data) throughout the world, including to the United States of America or other countries that do not ensure adequate protection for personally identifiable information (as determined by the European Commission); and (c) disclose such information (including special categories of personal data) to comply with lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
For China users: As you use the Internet when accessing the App, please be aware that your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in China or any other country in which MayaMD (including its Affiliated Companies), contractors or agents maintain facilities offshore. The countries to which we are likely to transfer personal information may include the United States, Singapore, Switzerland, the Philippines, and the Netherlands. By using the App, you consent to any transfer, processing, or storing of information outside China. MayaMD ensures that the use and disclosure of the personal information transferred is dealt with in accordance with this policy and the safeguards under China’s privacy laws.
For Australian and New Zealand users: As part of a global company, please be aware that your personal information may be transferred offshore. The countries to which we are likely to disclose personal information may include the United States, Singapore, Switzerland, the Philippines, and the Netherlands. MayaMD ensures that the use and disclosure of the personal information transferred is dealt with in accordance with this policy and the safeguards under ANZ privacy laws.
For Canada Users: MayaMD is located outside of Canada and may also use third-party service providers that are located outside of Canada. Accordingly, your personal information may be transmitted to, processed in, and stored within the United States and other foreign jurisdictions, and may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities within those jurisdictions.
For Latin America, Russia, Central Asian Users, and Middle East and North Africa Users: By accepting this, you are giving us authorization to receive, process, and use your personal information, including sensitive data, and also transfer the data out of your country to our affiliates and subsidiaries internationally, or third parties hired by MayaMD to manage the App.
In certain circumstances, in accordance with the GDPR you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
- Lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority (as defined in the GDPR). If you have any complaints about the way we process your personal data, please do contact us. Alternatively, you may lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority which is established in your country.
- Withdraw consent. If we are relying on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that, if you do withdraw your consent, you may not be able to benefit from our services.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details below.
What does mayamd do with non-personal information?
Non-personal information is information that cannot identify you. We are always looking for ways to better serve you and improve this App. We will use non-personal information from you to help us make this App more useful to visitors. We also will use non-personal information for other business purposes. For example, we may use non-personal information or aggregate non-personal information to: a) create reports for internal use to develop programs, products, services or content, share it with or sell it to third parties, or provide aggregated information on how visitors use our site, such as ‘traffic statistics’ and ‘response rates,’ to third parties.
Retention of data
MayaMD will retain personal data only for so long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of that personal data, the purposes for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and any applicable legal requirements. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and for the avoidance of doubt, we reserve the right to destroy any personal data within a reasonable period after the last action contemplated to be taken in connection with the purposes for which the personal data was provided.
What about privacy on other applications?
Does MayaMD ever communicate directly with visitors to this application?
We may contact you periodically by e-mail, mail or telephone to provide information regarding programs, products, services and content that may be of interest to you. In addition, some of the features on this App allow you to communicate with us using an online form. If your communication requests a response from us, we will send you a response via e-mail. The e-mail response or confirmation may include your personal information, including personal information about your health, your name, address, etc. We cannot guarantee that our e-mails to you will be secure from unauthorized interception.
Apps that link to, or connect with, websites may include cookies, pixel tags/web beacons, and similar technologies. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you use the App or browse the websites, and also helps us to improve the App and our website. For further detailed information about cookies and the purposes for which we use them, please see the section of our website privacy Notice that discusses cookies.
Are there special rules about children’s privacy?
We care about protecting the online privacy of children. We will not intentionally collect any personal information (such as a child’s name or e-mail address) from children under the age of 18. If you think that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, please contact us. For Middle East and North Africa users, please notify us regarding children under the age of 18.
What about application security?
Security is very important to us. We also understand that security is important to you. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. You acknowledge that the App may not be password protected, and that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of any of your data available via the App on your mobile device, by using an ID and password credentials for your mobile device.
How to contact mayamd
If you have questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at: email@example.com.
You may use the Contact Us form on our Application to exercise your rights to access, rectify, update, and/or eliminate your personal information or ask for non-disclosure. Elimination may not be possible if it can cause damage to third parties or if preserving your personal information is required by any law or regulation.
Disclaimer: This page may include information about products that may not be available in your region or country. Please consult the approved indications for use. Content on specific MayaMD products is not intended for users in markets that do not have authorization for use.
State-specific privacy notices
Supplemental Privacy Notice for California Residents
This notice for California residents supplements the information contained in our Privacy Notice and applies solely to residents of the State of California. We adopt this Supplemental Notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Supplemental Notice. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), you have certain rights in relation to some of your personal data, including the right to certain disclosures and explanations of rights. This section explains your rights under California law.
CALIFORNIA ‘DO NOT TRACK’ DISCLOSURES
California law (CalOPPA) requires MayaMD to let you know how we respond to web browser “Do Not Track (DNT) signals.” Because there currently is not an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, we do not honor Do Not Track requests at this time.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT OF 2018
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
MayaMD collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California consumer or household (“personal information”). We may have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers through our websites, apps, services, devices, or other services within the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice:
Personal Information Category
- Identifiers such as
- Unique personal identifier (e.g., device ID, online identifier)
- Internet Protocol address
- Email address
- Account name
- Social security number
- Driver’s license number, or
- Other similar identifiers
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California/federal law (age, race, sex, medical condition, etc.)
- Medical information
- Health insurance information
- Financial information, including credit card numbers
- Biometric information (e.g., imagery of the iris, retina, fingerprint, face, or other data that contain identifying information)
- Commercial information (e.g., purchase history)
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (e.g., browsing history)
- Geolocation data
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information (e.g., call recordings)
- Professional, employment-related, or other similar information
“Personal information” under the California Consumer Privacy Act does not include information that is:
- Publicly available from government records,
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information,
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data, or
- Certain personal or financial information covered under certain sector-specific privacy laws.
For additional information, please see How Does MayaMD Keep and Use Personal Information.
Categories of Sources of Personal Information
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from consumers’ interactions with us, including with our devices, applications, websites, services, and representatives
- Publicly available sources
- Customers, including health care providers and insurance providers
- Organizations with whom we partner to provide services to consumers
Use or Disclosure of Personal Information
In the past 12 months, we have used or disclosed the personal information we collect for our operational purposes and for one or more of the following business purposes:
To provide products and services to consumers
- To respond to consumer requests
- To improve and personalize consumer access to and experience on our website, for example, by telling consumers about new features, products, or services that may be of interest to them
- To develop records, including records of consumers’ personal information
- To contact consumers with information that might be of interest to them, including information about clinical trials and about products and services of ours and of others
- For analytical purposes and to research, develop, and improve programs, products, services and content
- For activities to monitor and maintain the quality or safety of our products and services
- For activities described to consumers when collecting their personal information or as otherwise permitted under CCPA
- For U.S. healthcare providers, to link name, National Provider Identifier (NPI), state license number, and/or IP address to web pages they visit, for compliance, marketing, and sales activities
- To conduct audits and perform troubleshooting activities of our websites, products, and services
- To detect and protect against security incidents and deceptive, malicious, or fraudulent activity
- To ensure our website, products, apps, and services function as intended, including debugging and repairing
- To comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process
Please see How Does MayaMD Keep and Use Personal Information in our Privacy Notice for more information.
How We Share Personal Information
MayaMD will not share consumers’ personal information with an unrelated third party without permission, except as described below. MayaMD may share personal information with any member of our corporate group, including parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and other companies in which we have an ownership or economic interest for purposes that are consistent with those identified in our Privacy Notice and this Notice.
In the ordinary course of business, we will share some personal information with companies that we hire to perform services or functions on our behalf. In all cases in which we share consumers’ personal information with a third party, we will only allow them to keep, disclose, or use consumers’ information to provide the services we asked them to provide.
We may be required to release consumers’ personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law, or regulation. We may cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting users who violate our rules or engage in behavior which is harmful to other users or illegal. In addition, we may keep, disclose, and use consumers’ personal information in order to comply with U.S. FDA and other governmental guidance, directions, regulations, and laws.
Categories of Personal Information We Sell
We do not sell personal information of California consumers.
This does not include disclosures that are not a “sale” under the CCPA, including when:
- Consumers instruct us to disclose their personal information,
- A consumer instructs us to interact with a third party that does not sell that information,
- We use or share consumer’s personal information pursuant to a written contract with a service provider that is necessary to perform a business purpose, where our contract prevents the provider from using, keeping, or disclosing consumers’ personal information for any purpose other than the reason supplied in the contract, or
- Consumer’s personal information is transferred as part of a transaction in which the third party assumes control of all or part of our business.
Personal Information on Minors
- We do not sell personal information of California consumers, including minors.
Rights under California Law
Right to Access. If you are a California consumer, you have the right to ask us to send you the following information up to two times in a twelve-month period:
- The categories of personal data we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal data.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting personal data.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal data.
- What categories of personal data we disclose about you for business purposes.
- What categories of personal data we sell or exchange for consideration about you.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete: If you are a California consumer, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data about you we have collected. We may deny the request if the information is necessary to:
- Complete a transaction, including providing a requested or reasonably anticipated good or service, or fulfill a contract between the consumer and MayaMD;
- Detect and protect against security incidents, malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or take against those responsible for such activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors impairing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech or another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in research in the public interest adhering to applicable ethics and privacy laws where the consumer has provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses reasonably aligned with the consumer’s expectations based on the consumer’s relationship with MayaMD;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use the information internally in a lawful manner compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
Right to Opt-out. If a business sells personal information to third parties, California consumers have the right, at any time, to opt out of the sale or disclosure of their personal information to third parties. MayaMD does not sell personal information to third parties.
Right to non-discrimination. The CCPA grants California consumers the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rights. If you exercise your privacy rights, we will not discriminate against you, for example, by denying you access to our online services or charging you different rates or prices for the same online services, unless that difference is reasonably related to the value provided by your data.
Submitting a Request or Inquiry If you are a California resident and you want to submit a request or inquiry to us regarding your California rights, you or your authorized agent can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org starting January 1, 2020. You do not have to create an account with us to submit a request.
Your request will be confirmed within ten days of receipt and we will respond within 45 days. If we need more than 45 days, we will notify you that your request is being delayed.
We can only respond to your request if it is verifiable. This means we are obligated to take reasonable steps to verify your identity or your authorized agent’s authority and your right to access the information you request. We may ask for additional information that will help us do so. We will only use that additional information in the verification process, and not for any other purpose.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.