TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
A cookie is a small data file stored on your browser or device. They may be served by the entity that operates the website you are visiting (“first-party cookies”) or by other companies (“third-party cookies”). For example, we partner with third-party analytics providers, like Google, which set cookies when you visit our websites. This helps us understand how you are using our Services so that we can improve them.
Pixels (Clear Gifs/Web Beacons/Web Bugs/Embedded Pixels)
These are small images on a web page or in an email. They collect information about your browser or device and can set cookies.
Local storage allows data to be stored locally on your browser or device and includes HTML5 local storage and browser cache.
Software development kits (“SDKs”)
SDKs are blocks of code provided by our partners that may be installed in our mobile applications. SDKs help us understand how you interact with our mobile applications and collect certain information about the device and network you use to access the application.
OUR USE OF THESE TECHNOLOGIES
Below are the ways that we and our partners use these technologies on our Services.
|CATEGORY OF USE||PURPOSE OF THE USE|
|Preferences||To help us remember your settings and preferences so that we can provide you with a more personalized experience.|
|Authentication and Security||To log you into the Services; enable us to show you your account data; and help us keep your data and the Services safe and secure.|
|Service Features and Performance||To provide you with functionality and optimize the performance of the Services. For example, to allow you to share information from our mobile apps with friends within your social networks/circles.|
|Analytics and Research||To help us understand how you are using the Services so that we can make them better, faster, and safer.|
As an additional step, these advertising companies may participate in one of the following advertising industry self-regulatory programs for online behavioral advertising, with corresponding user opt-outs:
- Networking Advertising Initiative (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) (US Only)
- Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/) (US Only)
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/) (EU Only)
- Digital Advertising Alliance – Canada (http://youradchoices.ca/choices) (Canada Only)
- DAA App Choices Mobile App (Mobile Devices Only) – For mobile devices (e.g., smartphone, tablets), you may consider downloading the DAA AppChoices Mobile App to manage such technology.